View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duskrain
Guild Leader

re: Rank Update

Iced Earth Guild Rank Changes

Hello Iced Earth,

I'm sure most have noticed that the ranks for the guild and the guild bank have gone through some changes as of late.  I am posting the changes here for those who are interested in what changes have taken place and some clarification on other ranks.  Any questions can be directed to myself, Duskrain.

Humorous Changes

-Guild Master rank has been changed to Overlord.  Officer rank has been changed to Ballbusters.  These are just meant for a fun little joke obviously and will probably change on a whim from myself.

Functional Changes:

-Guild Rep rank has been changed simply to Raider to better reflect the actual role of those that are in this rank.  It has the same privileges as the Member rank with elevated privileges for the ability to pull flasks, pots, food  from the bank.  It also has a slightly increased repair amount over Member.  Please note that for all non-raid guild matters, Raider rank and Member rank are generally treated the same.  Only those who are regular raiders will have this rank.  Additionally, this rank really only exists to make it easier on the raid leader to schedule raids on the calendar.  No extra authority or prestige is granted.

-New Rank: Crafter:  This new rank is pretty obvious but I will go over some details regarding its permissions and who gets this rank.  Currently, there is only one character that has this rank which is Troublesom.  More may be added in the future, but the use of this rank will be kept at a minimum.  The Crafter rank has vast access and control over our guild bank.  It can see and withdraw from all bank tabs and can also withdraw a moderate amount of gold.  This rank designed for those who aren't an officer and don't raid with us on a regular basis, but support our raid team by crafting the things we use during raid.  This is only given to extremely trusted individuals who are active on at least a semi-regular basis.  Individual requests to be moved to this rank without sufficient reason will more than likely be denied by the officer team.  Again, no authority beyond the Member rank is granted by this rank.  All other permissions are pretty much the same as the Member rank.

-New Rank: Senior Member:  This rank is for those Members who the officer team wished to honor for their hard work or length of time in our guild, but don't currently raid with us on a regular basis, yet are still semi-active members.  Loyalty is important in Iced Earth and I feel this is one of the ways our guild can reward it.  This rank has elevated permissions over the Member rank in guild repair options and slightly better access to the bank.  Hopefully this inability to recruit will subside and we will be able to utilize this rank much more.  But as they say, you don't grow anything by planning to be smalltime.

-Initiate:  This is another obvious rank, however, I wanted to clarify it's use.  The idea is that this is where a new recruit that hasn't been in our guild before will be.  If they are active and generally acceptable to the rest of the guild, they will be promoted to Member in 30 days.  If not, they may get an extension or will have probably been booted beforehand.

-Guild Alt:  Another obvious one, though try to log into your alts at least once every 30 days, it makes the roster look a bit nicer and causes less confusion when I do a roster purge.  Also, please check and make sure your alts have a note saying that it is your alt or it may end up removed from the guild or made inactive!

-Inactive:  I honestly hate this rank, but I feel it's necessary.  This rank is for those who have been offline for longer than 30 days and has been a member of the guild for long enough that removing them doesn't seem like an option.  This rank is actually designed to not only keep our guild roster clean, but to also protect our guild bank from potential hackers.  Once a player comes back from being inactive and it is verified that the original person who played those characters are using that account, they will be promoted to a normal rank.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: