View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duskrain
Guild Leader

re: Iced Earth Status and My Retirement

Hello everyone,

Well, sadly, Iced Earth is going through some really tough times. We had a hard time in Cataclysm getting raids going for the most part and now Panderia really wasn't working out for us. As things slowed down, less and less people were logging in regularly which meant that we lost a few players who had been with us quite a while.

This is primarily my fault. I have been slowly losing interest in WoW since the beginning of Cata and stopped playing for a few months before the Firelands patch came out. Unfortunately, one of the pitfalls of being the guild leader is people tend lose faith in a guild when the leader is absent. That was definitely my bad and one I regret.

So I decided to come back and start things going again shortly after Firelands came out. I'll admit, I had a lot of fun in Firelands and it looked like things were looking up. Unfortunately, after the next patch for Dragonsoul, we had to find a new healer as the two we recruited just didn't pan out. By the time we were good to go again, Panderia was almost out.

Panderia is just...ugh. Where Cataclysm hurt as far as the fun factor of WoW, Panderia has just killed it. It's boring, I don't want to do 1000 dailies...everyday. I don't want to do raid finder as a stepping stone to raiding the exact same content, only harder. Also, I was starting school and really needed to concentrate on that, so I again went on hiatus, but this time, I was smart and promoted DrGroove to "Guild Leader" and gave him as much power as I could. Even though I did so, a lot of members stopped logging in and pretty much left the guild rather barren.

So inquiring minds may want to know, what does this mean for IE? For the past few weeks, the officers have been unsure. We have been mulling it over and here is what's going on...

1. I'm done. Between the changes in the game that bug me and the constant struggle to find not only new but regular players to recruit the guild, I'm completely burnt out. I'm not sure how good of a guild leader I was, I'm sure I've certainly had my ups and downs, but I don't feel that anyone can necessarily accuse me of not trying really hard to keep IE afloat and happy.

2. Right now, Willowbee has guild leadership. We were talking about it and even though I said I was done, I was perfectly willing to pass the torch to someone else so they could give it a shot. Guild leadership may change to another officer in the new future depending on who actually wants to take up the mantle, but as far as that goes, I will have little to do with the decision.

3. Iced Earth is still alive. It may be hurting, but I'm hoping to see that with new leadership it will do even better than before.

4. You'll still see me from time to time on game, perhaps even raiding and doing stuff with the guild here and there, but for the most part, I'll be pretty much invisible. I will also be maintaining our TS3 server and guild website still, those aren't going anywhere.

So, in closing I would like to say to everyone...goodbye and thank you. I've had a lot of fun, made a lot of friends, and had the pleasure of running what, in my opinion, was and still may be in the future, one of the best guilds to be in on Alleria.

Justin Ganther
Duskrain, Schalazeal, Polazeal
Former Guild Leader
Iced Earth

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: