View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duskrain
Guild Leader

re: Bank Update

Iced Earth Guild Bank Changes

Hello Iced Earth,

I have made some changes to the guild bank and this is just an informative post about those changes and how I wish to see the guild bank used.  I will outline each tab with a brief description of their purpose.  Please keep in mind that most of this is subject to change.  Well see how the current tabs work out and make changes accordingly.  Any questions you may have can be directed to myself, Duskrain.

Iced Earth's focus has changed a moderate amount over the past couple of years.  Our guild has seen all of the expansions and many many members have passed through us, some of them are still with us.  Iced Earth started out as a family style guild who would do a lot of dungeons together, help with leveling, and prepare people for raiding.  In WotLK we started our raiding team and it looked a great deal different than it does now.  Through the years our focus has shifted from being a casual leveling/raiding guild to being somewhere between a medium and hardcore raiding guild.  Naturally our guild bank needed to be changed to reflect this.

So without further ado,

-Bank Gold:  Just a quick note on this, the gold in the guild bank is used primarily for guild repair, especially for our raiders.  It is also used to buy mats for our raid consumables and to help members when needed to upgrade their gear.  On occasion it is also used for small loans to trusted members.  I have been trying to keep our gold amount above 100k so any donations, small or big would be very helpful.  Also keep in mind that guild activities contribute gold to our bank, doing guild group dungeons, raids, and pvp, give us a small continuous flow of gold.

-General Tab:  The general tab is pretty much the same as it has always been.  Members and above have a decent amount of access to this tab for whatever they wish to donate/use.  I would like to see this focus more on items from current content or items that can be used effectively in current content.  Old non useful stuff should be vendored or sold on the AH.  Materials for crafting shouldn't be deposited here, rather they would go to the General Mats tab.

-Mats for Feasts:  This tab is a temporary tab and will probably used for projects based on what the guild needs, especially to support our raiders.  Nothing should be deposited here unless otherwise specified.

-General Mats:  This tab should be used for base current content mats people can use in some sort of craft.  So excess cloth, ore, herbs, cooking mats, etc.  These mats are for general use and most members have access to them.  When donating to this tab, double check that our raiding focused tabs aren't low on those specific items.  It could end up saving us some trouble and gold in the end.  Usually arranged in a humorous fashion...

-Valuable Items:  This tab is meant for high end BOEs and are only available upon request.  These items don't necessarily have to be from current content.  This could include gear, special and expensive quest items, mounts, and items for upgradeable gear, etc.

-Raid Food:  This tab should be fairly obvious but I'll explain it anyways.  This is where our raid food goes.  Food should only be from current content and should be the highest quality (bases on amount of stat increased) available.  Feasts, if we have any, will also go here.  Also, any specialty foods used in raid would go here for those occasions where stat food isn't optimum for a particular class/spec.

-Pots and Flasks:  Another obvious tab.  Similar in description to the Raid Food tab, this is for all current content Pots and Flasks and are generally only accessible by Raiders.

-Valuable Mats:  I'm still on the fence about this tab so I may change it in the future.  This tab is to be used for current content mats that are earmarked for crafting stuff for our raiders.  These mats are only to be used for that purpose.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: